LigoLab Laboratory Information System (LIS) - The Cornerstone of an End-to-End Laboratory Operating Platform
Grow and thrive. That’s the business plan for every medical laboratory, no matter the diagnostic discipline. But too often “thrive” is replaced by “survive” when outdated and non-integrated Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) create barriers to growth and fail to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing environment.
LigoLab offers a comprehensive enterprise-grade software solution that’s been developed and designed for Pathology Groups and Clinical Laboratories. The foundation of this solution is LigoLab’s powerful and flexible LIS module.
LigoLab LIS takes full responsibility for all of a laboratory’s information system needs by connecting and integrating every department and lab process on one united software infrastructure with a common database. This removes information silos and ensures data integrity for every department, enabling laboratories to operate more efficiently, differentiate themselves in the marketplace, scale their operations, and become more profitable.
If you're searching for a laboratory information system solution that guards against lost specimens and leverages automation, streamlined workflows, and best practices to maximize throughput and drive up revenue, you're in the right place. The next step is to fill out this form and schedule a live LigoLab software demonstration that's tailored to address the unique needs of your laboratory: LIGOLAB DEMO FORM
Achieve Sustainable Success with LigoLab’s Future-Ready LIS
In a world that’s undergoing constant change, laboratories need to remain modern by adopting innovative technologies and processes that streamline operations, maximize value, and improve relationships with their customers.
Legacy LIS solutions often lack the flexibility, automation, and interoperability needed to fully support technical operations, improve patient outcomes, expand services, and increase collections. Common LIS problems that create pain points and prevent growth include:
- Issues with reliability and performance
- Insufficient functionality (lacking modules and features)
- Lack of scalability (current system can’t keep up with demand)
- Difficult to configure (requires external vendor support)
- Legacy report formats and delivery options that don’t cater to customer needs
- Inefficient workflows and manual processes
- Specimen handling and tracking workflows that lack a robust chain of custody, uniquely barcoded specimens, and verification and specimen security check-points
- Information on processes, bottlenecks, and compliance is difficult to access
- Need for Intradepartmental and external (EMR/EHRs, APIs, instruments, state registries, billing services) interoperability
With LigoLab LIS, users enjoy a future-ready and scalable platform that’s infinitely configurable to meet the specific needs of the customer, no matter the size of the lab. The module can quickly adapt to add more users, interfaces, and services as laboratory operations expand, and users benefit from improved operational workflows, reduced labor costs, and increased revenue and profit by:
- Managing all departments and operations on one platform with no data silos
- Automating complex processes and reducing manual touchpoints
- Market differentiation to expand services and acquire new business
- Maximizing interoperability and efficiency
- Eliminating human errors and lost specimens
- Producing fully customizable reports
- Providing multiple options for report delivery
- Monitoring quality control to quickly identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems
- Improving turnaround times
- Obtaining easily accessible business analytics (dashboards, stats, dynamic reports) from every department in real-time
Additionally, when paired with LigoLab RCM, laboratories gain the ability to start the billing cycle at order inception with the support of verification, eligibility, and scrubbing components that increase clean claim submissions and revenue, and decrease claim denials and compliance risk.
Upgrade and Enhance Critical Areas with LigoLab’s LIS & RCM Operating Platform
From accessioning, to specimen handling and tracking, to reporting and collections, the LigoLab Operating Platform supports and tech enables all departmental processes at every stage.
Real-Time Order Validation - With LigoLab, it’s possible to access the accurate information needed for a smooth and productive billing workflow at order entry. That’s where data verification and scrubbing components are shared by both the LIS and RCM modules, and real-time patient and payer data verification, coverage lookup, and eligibility tools are seamlessly integrated into a live queue-facilitated workflow that provides a high level of transparency and prevents rejections and denials.
- Demographic check, address validation, insurance discovery, and eligibility verification at order inception
- Bidirectional synchronization with third-party services (mailing companies, clearinghouses, NPI Registry, payment processors)
- Automated ICD and CPT coding and TC/PC splitting
- Real-time data processing workflow queues for heightened visibility
- Detailed statistical reports to monitor trends and KPI’s
Additionally, LigoLab supports the management of client contracts by providing extensive functionality and customization for client billing, including options like unlimited fee schedules, discounting, special pricing, capitation, incremental pricing, and automatic travel and transportation pricing.
Specimen Management and Patient Safety - Error-free specimen management is a vital consideration for all medical laboratories. The LigoLab platform assigns each specimen a unique identifier, ensuring the chain of custody and security of the specimen and virtually eliminating lost or misplaced orders.
- Integration with all barcode printing and etching hardware
- Automatic generation of a unique identifier for every specimen and document
- Full traceability of specimens with an awareness of the next step in the workflow
- Users can track both beginning and end times for processing
- Automatic detection of duplicate patient profiles at order entry
Highly Customizable Lab Reports - LigoLab users gain the power to create fully customizable and intelligent lab reports with the platform’s high-performance reporting and distribution engine that features rule-based formatting and uniform presentation. The report generation engine supports the full-text richness of Word (format, size, colors, highlights, tables, bullet points, etc.), as well as images, diagrams, annotation, macros, conditional rules, dictation to text, and CAP cancer protocol templates, plus automated distribution that fulfills the customer’s preference. Delivery options include provider portal, outreach software, EMR/EHR, fax, secure email, in-house printing, PDF drops, APIs, IVR, SMS, and remote print server.
- Standardized report structure based on industry trends
- Custom template format for client satisfaction and co-branding
- Integrated reports for time-saving efficiency
- Cumulative reports for patient safety and continuity
- Automated distribution based on customer preference
Remote Access for Orders and Results Retrieval - LigoLab Connect is a software application that enables remote interaction between the client and the laboratory. Users can receive and search for reports, pull cumulative charts, fax out of the system, and gain access to all patient-related scanned documents.
- Free and easy to install with unlimited licensing for downloads
- A secure internet application that serves as an extension of the business
- No other third-party outreach or middleware software is needed
- Can be laboratory branded with company logos
- Reduce incoming customer service calls with self-service tools for inventory management and access to scanned documents
Direct-to-Consumer Portal - The TestDirectly Direct-to-Consumer Portal (D2C) is the latest addition to the LigoLab platform. The portal removes the manual order entry and follow-up bottlenecks and creates a streamlined electronic workflow for specimen collection, testing, and reporting that boosts laboratory testing capacity and improves turnaround times.
- Integration with all LIS and RCM (billing systems)
- Increased testing accessibility that opens new streams of revenue
- The patient self-registers and schedules the collection appointment
- Support for live insurance eligibility checks and HRSA submission
- Specimen barcoding and tracking support
- Automated results are sent back to the patient and/or provider using email and/or SMS
- Real-time results and analytics for the patient, provider, employer, and public health
- Support for drive-through and on-site sample collections, and back-to-work and organizational testing
Flexible Interface Engine - LigoLab’s robust platform features an open architecture and a best-in-class interface engine that functions with maximum interoperability, enabling LigoLab LIS to connect to a majority of analyzers (over 500 different instrument types), EMRs (connected with every certified EMR/EHR), and third-party services with ease. This includes internal networking (LIS/RCM) as well as connections with external bodies, such as billing services, the Tumor Registry, and state reporting agencies.
LigoLab’s proprietary interface engine supports all standard interchange protocols, including API, HL7, X12, XML, Flat File, and ASTM, and more.
Automating Complex Processes and Reducing Human Intervention - LigoLab designed its rule engine to give users the ability to substitute inefficient manual processes with conditional rules and actions that can be built without custom scripts, and that fire when certain conditions are met. These rules and actions are strung together as decision support trees by LigoLab’s automation engine.
- An agile platform that automates processes
- High-visibility and real-time workflow queues
- Flexible rule engine for optimal automation
- Multi-layered workflow control
Regulatory Compliance That’s Not Labor-Intensive - To minimize compliance risk, LigoLab offers a variety of specialized tools that reduce both audit risk and revenue loss without being labor-intensive. Users can effectively operate within the guidelines of CAP, CLIA, HIPAA, and other regulatory agencies to mitigate compliance concerns and avoid penalties.
- Compliance-conscious workflows and reports
- Ad hoc data query capabilities
- Support for all established regulatory protocols
- Compliance verification at every stage
A Safe and Secure Platform - LigoLab offers advanced security and privacy features that protect both laboratory and patient data.
- Automatic log-off for user inactivity
- A robust and searchable audit trail that logs every activity
- User permission and visibility control
The LigoLab Commitment - We Help Labs Grow and Thrive
From Latin, “Ligo” means to unite or connect, and that’s precisely what LigoLab Information System does for its laboratory partners, turning them into information-driven, connected, and thriving businesses with its enterprise healthcare software solutions.
LigoLab empowers laboratories nationwide to run their operations transparently and efficiently, providing turnkey and agile solutions designed to meet the diverse needs of all diagnostic disciplines including molecular, clinical, and anatomic pathology laboratories.
LigoLab supports and streamlines the complete life-cycle of all cases, enabling laboratories to differentiate themselves in the marketplace and transform their operations and finances. The LigoLab LIS & RCM Operating Platform is intuitive and easy to learn, accessible from anywhere at any time, and constantly evolving, with new features and enhancements added to the platform every day.
This comprehensive LigoLab platform is powered by enterprise-level software that’s internet-enabled, can be hosted on a local server or in the cloud, and runs on any operating system anywhere around the world with no need for VPN connections.
Security is built-in throughout the LigoLab platform, which has been designed to support high volume and complex testing labs with one to dozens of facilities, in multiple states, and in multiple time zones.
With LigoLab, there is no longer a need to interface with data silos or stand-alone systems. Instead of the finger-pointing and headaches that come when interfacing with multiple systems, users enjoy end-to-end data integrity that no longer requires synchronization or middleware.
Through domain expertise, best practices, and constant customer feedback and analysis, business-savvy lab operators benefit from a platform that automates workflows, increases productivity, and positions them to scale quickly.
LigoLab is a privately-owned company that’s headquartered in Los Angeles. Since 2006, its mission has been to develop dynamic and diverse software solutions for laboratories, helping them expand services and add revenue sources as they grow and thrive.
LigoLab’s Key Areas of Service
Innovative and Adaptable Platform - The LigoLab platform is comprehensive and extremely flexible. It has unlimited configurability that can be tailored to support any laboratory’s needs.
Aligned Pricing Model - Unlike traditional, legacy vendors, LigoLab doesn’t ask for large and capital-draining upfront licensing fees. Instead, the company shares risk with its customers, investing in long-term relationships through a transactional pricing model that growing labs can leverage to scale their businesses.
Expertise and Support - With LigoLab, users gain hands-on training as they are guided through the implementation process, plus deep expertise, continuous improvement, and best practices in the laboratory domain, and responsive 24/7 customer service and support.
Have you scheduled your live LigoLab software demonstration? Start the process be filling out this form: LIGOLAB DEMO FORM