LIS Benefits for
LIS Software Built on Pathologist Feedback
- Easy-to-use and infinitely configurable
- Functionality tailored to your clients’ needs and preferences
- Ability to quickly retrieve and analyze data
- End-to-end lab specimen tracking management
- Decision-support rules for evaluating test results and for triggering proper billing
- Interoperability among laboratory instruments and other software used in the lab, hospital, or clients’ facilities
- Supports and streamlines the complete life-cycle of all cases, no matter the diagnostic discipline
- Say goodbye to the headaches that come when interfacing multiple systems
- End-to-end data integrity allows for the capture of key patient information at order entry and leads to a reduction in denied claims and faster payments
Pathology Software that Brings Order and Efficiency to Your Laboratory
With LigoLab Operating Platform, users gain efficiency, data integrity, and compliance with regulatory requirements, as well as seamless interoperability with instruments and other electronic devices used within the clinical lab. LigoLab reduces complexity and brings order to the data, positioning your lab strategically and supporting your lab's growth.
- Handle your workload without stress using smart models and automation
- Let the LIS intelligently and fairly balance and distribute your cases
- Maximize your productivity by eliminating data silos and middleware
- Click less and do more with an intuitive interface designed for pathologists
- Reduce mistakes by automating process and reducing manual intervention
- Error-free specimen tracking with full traceability of each specimen and awareness of the next step in the workflow
- Deliver more value to your clients with personalization and saved preferences
- Upgrade to a modern, powerful LIS without a steep learning curve
- U.S.-based support for any questions before, during, and after deployment
On First Submission
Remove Lab Challenges with Modern Pathology Software
An outdated or home-grown LIS system is not an asset, it's a liability. Excessive manual labor, burdensome user interfaces, paper-driven workflows, and multiple information systems don’t work well with one another. Manually labeled specimens and other limitations result in wasted time and money, impacting your daily work and your lab’s success.
Automate complex processes using the rule and automation engine
Manage operations and finances in one platform
Find out how LigoLab Operating Platform separates itself from the competition. Request a live demonstration and experience the power of a modern LIS.
Customized Lab Reporting Creates Endless Possibilities
Create unique and aesthetically pleasing lab reports that reflect your test results in the best way possible, and do so without ever having to leave LigoLab for another LIS system.
- The report generation engine supports rich text capability (format, size, colors, highlights, tables, bullet points, etc.)
- Support for clients who want to manage components of custom templates
- Add attachments, including images, to any report
- Use client-specific templates for professional, elegant, and technical reports
- Case summary reporting across lab departments
- Variety of supported formats, including PDF, XML, and HL7
- Reports can be printed and delivered automatically via fax, remote and local printing, email, etc.
A Lab Management System with New Levels of Efficiency, Visibility, and Control
LigoLab’s comprehensive and flexible platform enhances the productivity and profitability of pathology groups and clinical labs.
The Live Queue represents your job for today, making it easy to see at any moment how many cases you have left, and helping you to zero in on your work, one case at a time. Unnecessary information is filtered out so you can focus on your tasks.
Health Risk Assessment Models augment regular lab reports with features that allow for close monitoring. They also attract the physician's attention to test results that recently changed significantly. Many more powerful models are also provided that consider additional factors and patient data to assess known obvious risks.
Logs and Lab Reports provide details related to turnaround time, lab operations, and other key metrics. This data becomes easily accessible with LigoLab. You don't have to be a database expert to get the information from work that’s already finished. This not only helps with audits, it also helps to improve your lab’s day-to-day business operations.
The Audit Trail records all user and system-based actions and events. This information includes before and after change of value comparisons, plus timestamps and user names for each event.
Data Integrity is achieved through meticulous patient identification, specimen tracking, and sample tracking management. Integrity of the patient's identity is critical to avoid wasted time, significant rework, callbacks, and wasted resources. Consistent data also directly impacts the patients who may have to come in again to give another sample.
Global Search provides the ability to search by patient demographics, client information, and many different variants of dates, case status, test information, and more. LigoLab's platform also has more specialized search capabilities for many different entities within the LIS.
Unite Your Lab
LigoLab's agile solution is designed for full LIS & RCM integration, transparency at all levels, and control of all workflows and departments.
Modernize Your Lab
LigoLab goes beyond the core workflow and provides all the supporting modules a modern laboratory needs to reduce labor costs, improve operational workflows, and expand services.
Scale Your Lab
LigoLab supports medium-to-large laboratory operations across multiple facilities. It's feature-rich, intuitive, accessible from anywhere, and scalable. As your lab scales, the software and support will grow along with you.
LIS System Functions and Specifications
- Ability to manage clients, physicians, surgical centers and users
- Client portal system to view and download pathology reports
- Ability to receive and process inbound HL7 pathology orders
- Ability to process and send outbound HL7 pathology results
- Ability to capture and store slide photos
- Ability to release TC cases and send via HL7 interface to
client-performed PC entities
- Digital pathology through imaging system integration
- Dynamic case distribution (e.g. rules engine to automate credentialed pathologist availability, type of specimen, insurance type, etc.)
- View/ access historical reports/ cases for patient
- Reflex HPV tests
- Conformance to CAP required reports for screening and review
- Report severity differences
- 10% review on Negative Paps and QA reports of outcome
- Micro notes and specimen comments
- Multi-level site description
- ICD-10 based on body location
- Error-free sample tracking management
LigoLab has these features and more to modernize and support your growing laboratory.
Supported Case Types
- Anatomic Pathology (Surgical, Non-gyn, Tech Only, Autopsy)
- GYN Cytology
- Ancillary Molecular Testing (HPV, CT/NG, etc.)
- Esoteric Molecular (FISH, Flow Cytometry, BRAF, etc.)
- Hematology Integrated (Bone Marrow w/ FISH and Flow Cytometry, Cytogenetics, etc.)
- Clinical (Chemistry, Endocrinology, Hematology, Urinalysis, etc.)
- Pain Management / Toxicology
all-in-one platform to expand services and become more profitable.
LIS System Customer Reviews
Hear what a few of our many customers have to say about how LigoLab helped modernize their laboratory operations.
Joseph discusses LigoLab from the perspective of information technology. In particular, he stresses the open communications with both LigoLab developers and its top management in accommodating the laboratory’s needs. From a technological standpoint, Joseph is impressed with the power of the tool set offered and that the LigoLab system is a complete LIS requiring no additional middleware to perform all its functions. From a lab operational perspective, the power and scope of specimen tracking receives a special mention.
He describes MLD’s usage, experience and impacts of using LigoLab over six years and how the system has helped make a positive transformation of laboratory operations. He notes the very good working relationships and the ease of working with LigoLab’s management and support teams. According to Mangini, among the many benefits realized from LigoLab, the most noteworthy was significant improvements in pathologist productivity.
Her insights why LigoLab is a great investment value for the pathologists and staff of Gastroenterology Associates as well as for their physician clients and patients. Particularly noted was the use of LigoLab for specimen tracking and the ability to quickly produce reports for their clients. The system automation provided by LigoLab significantly reduced the time and cost of the manual processes formerly used.
A veterinary reference lab that serves multi-species testing for veterinarians all across the country. Dr Gardiner discusses his LIS evaluation and selection process and why system flexibility and unique pricing structure convinced him to choose LigoLab. He describes the system implementation and the operational benefits and efficiencies achieved including specimen tracking, image capture and report flexibility. Finally, Dr. Gardiner explains how LigoLab has “future-proofed” his laboratory.
He notes how LigoLab helps keep MetroPath up-to-date with changes in the industry and praises the LigoLab help/support desk for their professionalism by listening and understanding his issues. Particular emphasis is placed on the benefits of automation and rules settings for pre-and post analytics.
Robert tells why he highly recommends LigoLab and describes MLD's LIS evaluation process, their selection criteria and why they chose LigoLab. Robert tells of his satisfaction with LigoLab's implementation and service/support teams and describes the features that have benefited the pathologists, histologists and the technical and administrative staff of MLD Pathology.
Ron describes how they transitioned from a very limited "homegrown" LIS to LigoLab, the benefits they obtained, and his satisfaction with the support and services provided by LigoLab.
Grow and Thrive - It's Possible with Modern LIS Software
To experience the benefits of a modern, user-friendly, reliable, and integrated LIS & RCM Operating Platform, contact us to request a software demonstration.