LigoLab’s Grossing Workstation Window
March 8, 2022
The Grossing Workstation Window is a powerful tool inside the LigoLab LIS & RCM Laboratory Operating Platform that allows the Grossing Technician to interact on a per specimen level with a case.
In this tutorial video you’ll see:
- How the Grossing Window and its numeric touchpad launches within the LigoLab application
- How a simple scan of a barcode brings up the bottle container and case information (patient name, accession/result ID, site, and specimen received)
- How the Gross Description Template Dropdown Menu is linked to the selected site
- How voice-to-text software, a stylus, or a gloved finger can be utilized to fulfill the necessary components of the gross description
- How LigoLab supports the grossing description field with programmed voice-to-text commands, abbreviations, and macros
With the tools provided by the Grossing Workstation Window, many pathology laboratories have repurposed transcriptionists to simply do a review of what the grossing techs are directly inputting into the cases.
The Grossing Workstation Window is another example of how the LigoLab Platform enables its laboratory partners to better serve their patients, differentiate themselves in the marketplace, scale their operations, become more compliant, and more profitable.
LigoLab is an award-winning provider of innovative end-to-end healthcare software for pathology laboratories, servicing 150+ facilities nationwide. As a comprehensive enterprise-grade solution, the LigoLab LIS & RCM Laboratory Operating Platform™ includes modules for anatomic pathology, clinical pathology, molecular diagnostics, revenue cycle management, and direct-to-consumer, all on one powerful and integrated platform that supports every role, every department, and every case. LigoLab empowers laboratories to serve patients better, differentiate themselves in the marketplace, scale their operations and become more compliant, and more profitable.