Learn How Northwest Laboratory Went From Accepting a Statewide Contract to Releasing 100,000 COVID-19 Test Results in Just Two Weeks
June 12, 2020
Last month,TestDirectly, the direct-to-consumer web portal that connects patients, companies, collection centers, laboratories, and physicians for fast, safe, and easy testing, partnered with Northwest Laboratory and the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) to collect and test ALL of Florida’s 500,000 long term care (LTC) residents and staff for COVID-19.
So how did Northwest Laboratory position itself to earn such a contract, and what can your laboratory do to take advantage of the rising need for COVID-19 testing as America goes back to work?
LigoLab’s Suren Avunjian and Northwest Laboratory’s Jennifer Bull recently joined Robert Michel, host of the Dark Intelligence Group COVID-19 Stat Intelligence Briefing, to discuss the partnership that soon will reach 150,000 collected and processed tests.
Here are some of the topics that were covered on the program:
- The Trump administration’s call for every state health department to quickly test all of its long term care (LTC) residents and employees for the virus, and Florida’s objective to be the first state to complete the challenge, even though they have one of the highest senior populations in the country.
- How quickly the TestDirectly platform was up and running, ready to test a half-million residents and employees across 4,000 facilities and 67 counties.
- How Avunjian and his team swiftly built and brought to the market TestDirectly as a LigoLab sister company in February of this year.
- How the LigoLab-TestDirectly integration goes way beyond simply capturing requisition (order forms) by providing an end-to-end platform that covers the entire testing workflow from self-registration, to report delivery, to follow-up, with fast and accurate results delivered directly to the patients.
- How Florida’s Department of Health is coordinating the registration and collection of 10,000 specimen samples a day and how it's monitoring the test results.
- What happens when the requisitions and specimens arrive at Northwest Laboratory.
- The processing time and how quickly the patients receive their test results.
- The importance of securing the supply chain and choosing the right technology vendor.
- Lessons learned and where Northwest Laboratory and the state of Florida go from here.
- Where else the TestDirectly platform has been deployed to protect the population and enable a safe return to work.
Northwest Laboratory is a great example of a laboratory enterprise that’s leveraged partnerships and embraced innovation to position itself for long-term direct-to-consumer and business-to-business testing.
Here are a couple of ways to find out more about the TestDirectly platform and how it can benefit your laboratory.
Schedule a TestDirectly Demo
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: (818) 395-4659
The TestDirectly Direct-to-Consumer Portal: How Does it Work?
TestDirectly was created by LigoLab Information System to give consumers a direct link to laboratories for COVID-19 testing. The TestDirectly web portal supports workflows for drive-through, on-site/dispatched, and eventually at-home collections (with telemedicine support). It’s a safe, fast, and easy way for patients, companies, collection centers, laboratories, and physicians to connect for direct-to-patient or business-to-business testing.
More Information: LigoLab Information System:
Founded in 2006, LigoLab Information System is a leading provider of innovative end-to-end healthcare software that partners with laboratories, servicing 100+ facilities nationwide. The company has developed a comprehensive enterprise-grade solution, the LigoLab LIS & RCM Laboratory Operating Platform™, that goes beyond the core workflow and provides all the supporting modules a laboratory needs to thrive and grow. LigoLab helps laboratories reduce errors and scale their operations and revenues.
More Information: Northwest Laboratory:
Northwest Pathology and Northwest Laboratory cover all aspects of surgical pathology and laboratory medicine. The group offers a full histology laboratory that operates around-the-clock, plus an immunohistochemistry laboratory with an extensive IHC menu, and a high-volume clinical laboratory (molecular, microbiology). The group is based in Bellingham, and is affiliated with 11 hospitals in Northwest Washington, on the Olympic Peninsula, and in Southeast Alaska, and has been in business for over 25 years.
More Information: Florida Department of Health:
The Florida Department of Health, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts. For the latest actions taken by the state of Florida in response to COVID-19, follow FDOH on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @HealthyFla. For more information please visit www.FloridaHealth.gov.